Browse Items (59 total)

Scanned copy of the book "Jubilee history of Thorold Township and Town" by John H. Thompson, c. 1898.

Black and white photograph of Windle Village south of Thorold, c. 1920-1932. Built by Pilkington Bros. Glassworks for their employees.

Picture taken from the book "Jubilee History of Thorold Township and Town, Covering the Eventful Period from…

Black and white photograph of Heslop's Flour and Grist Mill by the Welland River and Roadway Bridge, Port Robinson, c. 1920s.

Picture taken from the book "Jubilee History of Thorold Township and Town, Covering the Eventful Period from 1897 to…

Black and white photograph of the Welland River and the Third Welland Canal at Port Robinson, c. 1925-1932.

Picture taken from the book "Jubilee History of Thorold Township and Town, Covering the Eventful Period from 1897 to 1932."

Black and white photograph showing a harbour scene at Port Robinson, July 1920.

Picture taken from the book "Jubilee History of Thorold Township and Town, Covering the Eventful Period from 1897 to 1932."

Black and white photograph of an aerial view of Thorold and the Welland Canal, undated.

Black and white photograph of the Port Robinson railway station, c. late 1800s.

Newspaper image of an aerial view of Highway 20 and the Allanburg Bridge in Thorold, fall 2002.

From page A3 of "Above & Beyond: Aerial views of Southern Niagara" a special edition of the Welland Tribune newspaper published October 2002. It also…

Black and white photographic print of a postcard showing Lock 24 of the old Welland Canal in Thorold, c. early 1900s. The Montrose Paper Mill, Fire Hall and Flour Mill are also pictured.

Scanned copy of the 25-page booklet titled "Thorold Parish Centennial 1813-1913."

It contains a short history of the church community in Thorold from 1813 to 1913 and includes illustrations and photographs of prominent members of the…

Black and white photograph of Thorold's float for the Centennial Parade, July 1958.

Newspaper image of an aerial view of Short Hills Provincial Park, looking west, fall 2007.

From page B8 of "Above & Beyond: A Bird's Eye View of Welland and Area," a special insert of the Welland Tribune newspaper published November 27, 2007.

Colour slide showing Welland Canal Bridge 12 collapsed in the water after a collision with a freighter on August 25, 1974.

Colour slide showing Welland Canal Bridge 12 collapsed in the water after a collision with a freighter on August 25, 1974.

Two colour slides showing Welland Canal Bridge 12 collapsed in the water after a collision with a freighter on August 25, 1974.

Colour slide showing Welland Canal Bridge 12 collapsed in the water after a collision with a freighter on August 25, 1974.

Colour slide showing Welland Canal Bridge 12 collapsed in the water after a collision with a freighter on August 25, 1974.

Colour slide showing Welland Canal Bridge 12 collapsed in the water in front of the Steelton freighter after they collided on August 25, 1974.

Colour slide showing damage to the Steelton freighter after it collided with Welland Canal Bridge 12 on August 25, 1974.

Black and white photo of the Black Horse Tavern in Thorold that was at the intersection of Highways 20 and 58 just east of Allanburg. Undated but possibly c. 1920s.

Three black and white photographs and one program from the 50th Anniversary dinner of the Ontario Paper Company (later known as the Quebec and Ontario Paper Company) of Thorold, July 27, 1963. The dinner took place at the Sheraton-Brock Hotel, now…

A newspaper obituary for Edward A. Berry, former principal of Thorold High School who had more than 28 years in education and served in various community-based committees. From the December 8, 1966 edition of the Welland Tribune.

A newspaper obituary for William E. Berry, a former mayor of Thorold in 1927 who served on city council for 25 years and died at 84. From the March 28, 1966 edition of the Welland Tribune.

Microfilm copy of James Lynch's obituary, from the November 15, 1929 edition of the Welland Tribune. It notes how he was one of the oldest and best known of Port Robinson's residents, and for 23 years was train dispatcher for Grand Trunk Railway at…

Black and white photographic print showing Alexandra House on the corner, Port Robinson, May 3, 1913. J. Lynch written on the photograph may refer to James Lynch of Port Robinson as possibly the photographer.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2